Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shabbat Shalom!

Peace to you!

I have decided that it would be worth my while to regularly (hopefully as close to weekly as I can) blog about things that I think God wants us to hear. Many of these will be in the form of a (hopefully short) teaching or insight. Others may be a special word for that week, or an opinion column on an important issue - and hopefully, not just my opinion, but an examination of scripture on the matter. Some topics may be long enough that they have to be broken into two or more weeks, in which case we will have a series. Some broader topics I can see discussing in the near future: Authority, Truth, Peace, Sabbath Rest, and Selfishness.

My hope is that this blog not only helps keep me doing what I think God wants me to do (examine the Word, understand it, and teach it), but also brings you a piece of peace for your Sabbath. I plan to update on Saturdays (the Biblical Sabbath), not only because I have the time, but because it's a good time to refocus on the things that really matter, and for us to grow in our knowledge of Him. I hope you enjoy it! Entry 1 will probably arrive within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment